Our 2018 Holiday Gift Guide for Movement-Lovers and Lifelong-Learners
Nov 29, 2018
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Looking for gift ideas for that person in your life who loves movement, being active, or learning?
We love books or courses that combine movement along with learning, and over the years have come up with quite a few favorites.
Here is our ultimate list of gift suggestions for the movement-minded person in your life! We would never recommend anything we haven’t used and loved ourselves. You also might just find a few things in this list you are interested in yourself….
- Any of the books by Katy Bowman, our favorites are Movement Matters, Alignment Matters, and Move Your DNA for a broader overview of living a movement-based lifestyle.
- For those looking for more specific topics, we recommend her books Dynamic Aging, Whole Body Barefoot, and Simple Steps to Foot Pain Relief: The New Science of Healthy Feet.
- To address health mindset and habit formation, the books Mindset by Carol Dweck, The Four Tendencies and Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin, The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks, and Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink are all a great starting point.
- Our recommendations for food-related books are Eat The Yolks by Liz Wolfe, The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Tiecholz, and Wired To Eat by Robb Wolf.
- An Audible membership is a fantastic gift idea for anyone who loves to learn while they walk. Listen to any of the above books while you are on the go!
Any of these are great pairings with the above books.
- Jill Miller’s Yoga Tune Up Balls along with her book The Roll Model make an excellent gift combo!
- Ever heard of toe-stretching socks? Just put them on and allow them to do the work of passively stretching your feet for you. We love the Happy Feet socks or Yoga Toes.
- We are huge fans of the half-foam roll, which can be used for anything from calf stretching to upper back mobilizing.
- A set of good resistance bands also gives unlimited options for both lower and upper body strengthening.
- A balance disc gives unlimited potential for making both sitting and standing more dynamic.
Know someone in your life who works at a desk or spends much of their day sitting? Any of the above tools are small and easy to keep in a desk drawer and offer unlimited options for short movement breaks or dynamic sitting at work (along with another book recommendation of Don't Just Sit There, of course ;)!
Instructional Courses: Learn While Moving
- A membership to the Virtual Movement classes through Nutritious Movement. Perfect for someone who loves to learn right from their own home. Most of these classes require about an hour long commitment, making these the biggest time commitment of anything on our list.
- For those looking to improve their mobility in the amount of time it takes to drink your coffee, check out Petra Fisher’s Take 10 program! A great way to drastically improve your mobility in as little as 10 minutes per day.
We hope you enjoyed our list of some unique gift suggestions this year!
Get your free copy of our Ebook: 5 Simple Steps to Take Control of Your Chronic Pain to finally have an understanding of where your pain is coming from and start taking action TODAY!